In the modern era of consumer credit, understanding how to repair your credit score has become essential. With the prevalence of credit checks and the importance of having a good credit score for future financial endeavors, it's no wonder many people are turning to credit repair courses to brush up on their credit knowledge.
This blog post will highlight the best credit repair courses available in 2023 and the key learning topics of each. Whether you’re a credit beginner, an experienced veteran, or somewhere in between, these training programs can help you become an expert in credit repair and help you build a better financial future.
From my personal experience in the credit repair business, I've taken many courses and narrowed my list to the best. Here are my top 6 credit repair courses for 2023:
We partner with awesome companies that offer products that help our readers achieve their goals! If you purchase through our partner links, we get paid for the referral at no additional cost to you! For more information, visit my disclosure page.
What Are The Best Credit Repair Courses To Take?
When it comes to repairing credit for a living, you'll want to make sure that these programs teach you how to:
- Remove difficult items or negative information
- Check credit reports
- Understand each credit bureau and how they work
- Dealing with other issues for your customers
- Other legal ways of improving credit
So let's review some top training programs and ensure your purchase is worth it.
The Credit Repair Cloud Masterclass is a 67-lesson webclass hosted by Daniel Rosen, the founder, and CEO, of Credit Repair Cloud. The course aims to teach students the secrets to starting a successful credit repair business, even if they lack prior industry knowledge.
The course's host will teach you how to:
- Find clients in 24 hours
- Find clients who are willing to pay you, even if you don't have experience
- Methodically use Credit Repair Cloud's Dispute Process Blueprint to get results
- Scale your business and bring in new clients without paying for ads
You can join the course now and learn how other entrepreneurs are scaling their credit repair businesses and helping their clients raise their credit scores.
- No prior knowledge is necessary
- Information-packed course (67 lessons)
- Presented by the Credit Repair Cloud CEO, who has made appearances on ABC, CBS, NBC, and Inc. 5000
- It comes with Credit Repair Coud's Dispute Process Blueprint
- 100% free
The Credit Repair Masterclass is 100% free to join. You can register to save your seat by supplying your full name and email (no credit or debit card is required).
The Credit Consultants Association is a "national trade association for the credit service industry", which distinguishes itself from being a credit repair software company disguised as a training company. It runs a credit repair training and certification program, "How to Start a Credit Business" that'll teach you how to set up your own credit repair business.
The course is self-paced, and the Association will send you materials for your training. When you feel ready to earn your certification and membership, you'll take an 80-minute multiple-choice exam that consists of 70 questions and has a minimum passing grade of 75%.
You get your test scores back immediately upon completion of the exam. If you're successful, you'll earn a valid certification in all 50 states.
- It teaches credit repair basics
- You'll learn about FICO and scoring systems
- As a member, you gain access to the Credit Consultants Association's helpdesk to receive help with difficult issues
- The Association will keep you abreast of changes in the credit repair industry
- Qualify to run a successful credit repair company
The Credit Consultants Association's program has six plans, all of which cost a one-time payment:
- Standard - $59
- Standard Plus - $79
- Standard Plan and Software - $299
- Standard Plus and Software - $399
- BCCC/CCSC Certification Manuals Shipped - $175
- Ultimate Plan - $575
You can get 10% off all the plans by using the coupon code "10off".
The Credit Hero Challenge is the second Credit Repair Cloud course on our list. Unlike the free Credit Repair Cloud Masterclass (discussed above), this paid course purports to transform you into a credit repair professional in 14 days or less.
This course includes several documents that will help you build your business and wrangle with the credit bureaus like an expert, namely:
- The Fast Track Credit Repair Business Roadmap
- The Credit Repair Business Workbook
- Unfair Advantage Credit Repair Cheat Sheets
- A credit repair course certification
Credit Repair Cloud will ship a Credit Hero Challenge Kit to your door when you join the challenge. The kit contains three of the above documents (minus the certificate). Additionally, during the challenge, you'll get training and coaching daily and learn about the insider strategies your mentors use to help their customers improve their credit reports.
Aside from your certificate, graduating from the challenge includes bonus training that teaches you how the members of Credit Repair Cloud's Millionaire Club winners grew their businesses into seven-figure earners.
- The Credit Hero Challenge Kit includes starter documents with step-by-step instructions to help you create a highly-profitable business
- It includes bonus training (from Credit Repair Cloud Millionaire Club alumnus)
- You get daily training and coaching during the challenge
- It's a certified course
- Affordably priced
The Credit Hero Challenge costs a one-time payment of $47. Credit Repair Cloud offers a 100% money-back guarantee on the course.
The Institute of Consumer Financial Education (ICFE) is a 41-year-old institution established to help "consumers of all ages improve their spending, increase their savings, and use credit more wisely through education and the use of certified professionals". To that end, the institute maintains several certification programs, including:
- The ICFE Certified Credit Report Reviewer (CCRR)
- The ICFE Certified Credit Scoring Specialist (CCSS)
- The ICFE Certified Consumer Debt Collections Compliance Specialist (CCDCCS)
- The ICFE Certified Credit Repair Specialist (CCRS)
- The ICFE Certified Identity Theft Risk Management Specialist (CITRMS)
- The ICFE Certified Master Consumer Credit Care Specialist (CMCCCS)
Its CCRS course will teach you how to help your potential customers with their personal finance regarding credit scoring and other financially-valuable credit repair information. In particular, you'll acquire knowledge like:
- How to identify information in a credit report
- How to review a credit report to find mistakes and excluded information
- The components of the credit score
- How to use a credit report to identify potential identity theft, and so on.
When you enroll, you'll receive a study guide, a question examination/answer sheet, and a do-it-yourself credit file correction guide. Completing the course earns you a certification and a listing in the ICFE's online directory of certified credit repair specialists.
- The complete course teaches you how to identify identity theft and bad credit reporting
- It includes a study guide, Q&A sheets, and a do-it-yourself credit file correction guide
- You'll be listed on the ICFE's online directory of certified credit repair specialists upon completion
- It's certified (with a gold seal)
- You receive regular eNews, and email updates from the ICFE once certified
The ICFE's CCRS course costs $375. It includes free shipping.
You can find several credit repair courses on the online teaching platform Udemy. One of the highest-rated credit repair courses is Build Better Credit - The Ultimate Credit Score Repair Guide by Laura Adams MBA.
In her course, Laura Adams MBA teaches her students strategies for fast credit repair, tips for getting a great credit score, and creating more financial success. Also, you'll learn the right way to build credit with a view to home ownership, the factors used to calculate a credit score, ways to build credit, and more.
Mrs. Adams' course comprises 30 lectures that last two and a half hours.
Aside from Laura Adams' course, Udemy has courses like:
- Credit Repair: The 2023 Total Guide to a Great Credit Score (available here)
- Credit Repair from A to Z with Letter Templates (available here)
- Fix Your Own Credit. You Can Do It (available here)
- The Credit Repairer's Guide to Build Credit Scores & Dispute (available here); and
- Credit Repair Techniques (available here)
That said, there are a couple of things to note about Udemy courses.
For a start, not all of them include a professional certification upon completion. Also, not all the course tutors are credit repair specialists. And the majority of the courses are geared towards teaching students how to repair their credit scores, not how to become professionals who will help other people repair their bad credit scores.
Therefore, keep the above in mind when searching for a course on Udemy. The platform won't be useful to prospective students who want a step-by-step guide that teaches them skills they can use to make money as a credit repair specialist.
- Udemy lessons include a certificate of completion (not to be confused with a professional certification)
- The courses include downloadable resources
- You receive full lifetime access to Udemy courses, and you can log in from multiple devices
- The courses are inexpensive
- All courses offer a 30-day money-back guarantee
Most Udemy lecturers price their courses affordably and the sheer number of classes in the marketplace makes it difficult to provide a standard. For example, at the time of writing, Laura Adams charges roughly $12 for her course. At the same time, similar classes go for higher or lower, depending on the tutor.
Also, Udemy runs regular (sometimes monthly) discounts on its platforms, so you might be able to get your chosen course for less.
Why Start A Credit Repair Business?
Credit repair can be a lucrative recurring revenue business. Thousands (if not millions) of Americans face issues with their credit daily and don't know how to get themselves out of their financial problems. The knowledge you acquire to set up a credit repair business can help these people solve their problems.
In addition, following the 2008 financial crisis, credit scores have grown in importance. Potential employers consider their prospective employees' credit scores before making a hiring decision. Banks use a prospective borrower's credit score to decide whether to grant them a business loan or set them up with a mortgage for a house.
In other words, American society has been set up such that people's credit scores determine how far ahead they get in life. And since everyone wants to live the best possible, your credit repair business will always be in demand.
Are These Credit Repair Classes Easy?
Yes and no. As is usually the case, there's always a learning curve when acquiring new knowledge. Most credit repair pieces of training contain plenty of technical jargon that can initially seem difficult to internalize, especially if you don't have a financial background. However, with constant revision, you'll soon get the hang of things.
The tutors of the trainings on our list do a good job explaining the nitty-gritty details of the credit repair industry. Also, they break down their classes into bite-sized chunks that aid learning. And, when explaining esoteric concepts, they use relatable scenarios people from all walks of life can understand.
Additionally, all the classes on our list that culminate in a certification exam are self-paced, so you can take as much time as you need to learn about this business before trying to earn a certificate that shows off your expertise. Meanwhile, the Udemy classes don't have exams, so you won't feel under pressure when learning.
Do You Need A License To Repair Credit?
No, you don't. With that said, it's important to familiarize oneself with the laws and regulations that govern the industry. Just because the government doesn't restrict who can repair credit doesn't mean you can't land in hot water for a violation you didn't know existed.
Similarly, before you dole out expert advice, ensure you know your onions. Your clients will put their financial future in your hands, so you'll need to help them to the best of your ability. Even if your initial clients are too broke to sue you when something goes wrong, negative word of mouth can ruin your reputation and make prospects avoid you.
Most of the credit repair classes in this article will give you the knowledge you need to set up a lucrative credit repair enterprise. Not only do they explain how the industry works and what offering credit repair services entails, but some of them go as far as providing strategies to help you land your first client.
Also, the training offered by credit repair associations and institutes like the Institute of Consumer Financial Education includes a certification that's recognized in all 50 US states. So, in addition to being armed with the knowledge you can use to offer a service, you get a certificate that proves your expertise and convinces fence-sitters to seek your help.
We think the courses we compiled in this list are an excellent investment of time and money. And whichever one you choose should give you a fantastic return on investment in the future.