Have you ever wanted to work as an affiliate marketing manager or learn how to start managing lead-generation relationships?
What about starting a side hustle as an affiliate with minimum qualifications?
Well, the time has never been better to become an affiliate manager and make money for yourself.
With many businesses and entrepreneurs turning to online marketing to promote their products and services, there is a growing demand for talented affiliate marketers.
I will show you exactly how to find affiliate marketing jobs in this complete guide.
What Is An Affiliate Marketing Job?
Affiliate marketing is commission-based marketing where a company rewards its affiliates' strategic partners for each customer brought to the company by the affiliate's own marketing efforts.
So, the more engaging content you create through social media channels, the better opportunities you have for generating revenue through affiliate lead-generation relationships.
Affiliate marketing experience is key, as an affiliate must be able to drive communication and create plans that will result in new customers.
You can use online tools that can help automate the process as well.
Different types of jobs can lead to affiliate marketing, such as being a product manager, an account manager, or a sales representative.
Some remote jobs or careers have an indirect impact on affiliate marketing, such as
- Website development (Build niche sites)
- eCommerce manager
- Content Creator
- Product Marketing
- Sales funnel builder
- Email marketing
What Does An Affiliate Marketing Career Involve?
The day-to-day tasks of an affiliate marketing job vary depending on the company and position, but some common duties might include:
- Researching and recruiting new affiliates
- Developing marketing plans and strategies
- Training affiliates on company products or services
- Monitoring affiliate activity and performance
- Analyzing affiliate data to identify trends and opportunities
- Preparing reports on affiliate marketing campaigns
- Staying up-to-date on industry trends and developments
- Collaborating with other marketing team members
- Create content and drive growth to specific offers
So it's important to stay involved with the day-to-day news within the company you work with or communities.
What Are The Skills Required For An Affiliate Marketing Job?
To succeed in an affiliate marketing job, you will need:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Analytical and data-driven thinking
- Creativity and problem-solving abilities
- A deep understanding of different affiliate marketing channels
- Understand link tracking through Google Analytics
- Show up to team meetings and offer value
Is It Hard To Get Into Affiliate Marketing?
It can be challenging if you don't understand how the affiliate business works or have never done online marketing.
The key is finding an affiliate marketing course or program that can teach you the ropes of affiliate marketing to start earning money.
The good thing is that anyone can succeed in affiliate marketing with the proper guidance and training. This type of marketing is something even beginners can make money from.
You must be willing to put in the effort and determination to make it happen. Whether you are a part-time affiliate or have experience managing affiliates, there are many ways to make money online.
5 Ways To Get Affiliate Marketing Jobs
Let's explore some of the best ways to become an affiliate marketer or even get hired on a larger scale by bigger marketing firms.
Usually, these steps will get your foot in the door with the right people.
- Become An Affiliate Marketing Manager
- Start Your Own Affiliate Marketing Business
- Find An Affiliate Marketing Position Online
- Become A Digital Marketing Specialist
- Work In B2B Affiliate Partnerships
So, without wasting too much time, let's dive right into this guide.
1. Become An Affiliate Marketing Manager
Becoming an affiliate manager and working directly with customers and product marketing teams to increase sales is a great way to learn about affiliate marketing.
The first step is to find a position as an affiliate manager with a company with products or services you're interested in promoting.
Once you have a few years of experience, you can start your own affiliate marketing agency.
What you'll do as an affiliate marketing manager:
- Create efficient marketing materials and run campaigns
- Payout affiliate income and verify payouts
- Find new ideal candidates that have an audience to sell to
- Driving communication and working closely with affiliate partners
- Stay up to date with internal teams
- Onboarding new affiliates
- Managing affiliate program activity
- Monitor current promotions and run new ones
2. Start Your Own Affiliate Marketing Business
Starting your online affiliate marketing business can be a great way to enter the industry.
You'll be in control of your own business, and you can choose the products or services you want to promote.
The key to success is finding a niche market and building an audience of people who are interested in what you're promoting.
You can build upon multiple different social media channels, such as:
When starting your own affiliate marketing business, you'll need to:
- Start an affiliate site
- Generate traffic
- Do content creation
- Create social media posts
- Create sales funnels and landing pages
This creates a semi-passive income stream, and I rank on Google search results for difficult keywords with my affiliate blog.
If I were ever to apply for any online affiliate marketing job, I could show credentials and experience through my past affiliate efforts.
This happened to me as I started earning revenue through Google and other social media platforms.
So, when building your online marketing business, you'll want to ensure you don't pick the wrong niche because this will slow down your long-term success as an affiliate.
Our affiliate marketers always look for what pays the most, but that is not always the smartest way to go about it.
You'll want to ensure you have the right niche with high market demand.
3. Find An Affiliate Marketing Position Online
Going online and doing a job search on Indeed, Glassdoor, or any other job board can be a great way to find an affiliate marketing position with a company.
When searching for an affiliate marketing job, you'll want to use keywords such as:
"Affiliate Marketing Manager"
"Affiliate Marketing Executive"
"Remote Affiliate Marketing"
You can also look for companies actively hiring on LinkedIn or Twitter.
So, if you think you are a qualified affiliate and understand client marketing needs, you can contact these companies directly.
What to do to prepare when applying to online job boards:
- Create a solid resume listing your affiliate marketing experience
- What have you promoted as an affiliate marketer
- Any partnership role you've played before
- Customer service skills
- Project management skills, if any
4. Become A Digital Marketing Specialist
Working as a digital marketing specialist can be a great way to work as an affiliate marketer in the future.
This role is in high demand, allowing you to work with different types of companies, learn new skills, and get paid well.
So, try to learn as much as possible when hired as a digital marketing specialist because this will give you the skills and experience you need to work as an affiliate marketer in the future.
Make sure you keep any job alerts open using an online job board.
As a digital marketing specialist, you'll be responsible for:
- Generating leads
- Planning and executing marketing campaigns
- Measuring and reporting on campaign results
- Create efficient marketing materials
- Establish marketing collateral
- Understand new customer acquisition
5. Attend Affiliate Marketing Events & Conferences
If you want to get noticed by companies, attending affiliate marketing events and conferences can be helpful.
At these events, you'll have the opportunity to network with other affiliate marketers and learn about the latest industry trends.
So, it would be a great idea if you promote certain affiliate products and get noticed by the right people.
So, go online and look for any upcoming events you can attend. This can help you get noticed by companies and get your foot in the door.
When you make it to the event, here are a few things you should do
- Dress professionally
- Be prepared to talk about your affiliate marketing experience
- Have an elevator pitch ready
- Network with as many people as possible
- Talk to other affiliate marketing managers
- Talk about how you are promoting an affiliate product well.
6. Work In B2B Affiliate Partnerships
Working in affiliate partnerships can be a great way to get experience as an affiliate marketer.
You'll be responsible for finding new business affiliates and managing existing partnerships in this role.
You'll also need to negotiate commission rates, create marketing materials, and track performance.
To succeed in this role, you'll need excellent communication and help understand companies how to promote products that convert.
This role is perfect for someone who wants experience working with other businesses and promoting products.
So, if you think you have what it takes to succeed, reach out to companies and see if they have any affiliate partnership openings.
Is Affiliate Marketing A Real Job?
Yes, affiliate marketing is a real job title and pays well if you are good at it.
The average affiliate marketing manager's salary is $59,000 annually in the United States, based on Ziprecruiter.
So if you want to get paid to promote products and generate sales through a unique affiliate link, this could be the perfect job.
To find online affiliate marketing jobs, search online job boards or contact companies directly to inquire about any openings.
Affiliate marketing is a great way to make money online while working from home or with an internal team.
So start searching for your affiliate marketing dream job and build a bright future in this career.